The MAJOR Hedge Cutter outperforms flail head systems in both productivity and maintenance. With less wearing parts, the MJ39 is a durable and reliable attachment for contractors, councils and operators demanding minimal downtime and total cost of ownership.
The full-length roller controls the cutting height between 40mm – 100mm for verge work and can be moved up and away for hedge cutting. An adjustable front hood, hydraulically or manually enabled, controls the amount of material entering the cutting chamber. Deep deck sides ensure mulch is retained in the hedgerow.
The main components are made of Strenx® 700MC structural steel which reduces the weight of the unit without compromising on strength. Hardox® skids ensure abrasion resistance while moving easily through uneven terrain.
Designed for performance and built for resilience, the MAJOR Hedge Cutter is the preferred replacement head for the most intense jobs. The MJ39 MAJOR Hedge Cutter fits booms on 360 excavators in the 10-14 tonne range, which suits most standard full-featured excavators available on the market.
Only available in Ireland.
- Gearbox driveline power twin rotors and 8 blades for cutting and shredding excellence
- Hydraulic motor fitted with overrun clutch, requiring 80-110 L/min hydraulic flow and max 170 bar of pressure
- Less wearing parts than flailhead systems, low maintenance
- Strenx® high-performance steel components
- Hardox® wear and abrasion resistant skids
- Full length rear roller to limit scalping for verge work, can be moved out of the way for hedge cutting
- 40 – 100mm cutting height,
- Adjustable front hood (hydraulic or manual) to control amount of material being cut