Recruiting - Mechanical Design Engineer
Due to significant growth an opportunity has arisen for a
Mechanical Design Engineer
Main duties and responsibilities- Development of custom built machines from conceptual design through to detailed design and production which meet manufacturing, safety and performance requirements.
- Engineering and design support on product and process issues.
- Interaction with customers both in Ireland and overseas to develop new and existing products.
- Working closely with fabricators/fitters, production and purchasing team to ensure timely delivery of designs and machines
- Specifying hydraulic circuitry systems and liaising with suppliers on same
Personal Attributes- Practical and self-motivated
- Analytical - clear thinker
- Team player
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong mechanical engineering background
- Practical knowledge of agricultural machinery operation and/or maintenance
- Practical knowledge of welding & fabrication techniques
Experience- 3rd level degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity (Please note we would also be interested in hearing from suitably qualified graduates who do not yet have the requisite experience.)
- Proficiency in 3D CAD design (Autodesk Inventor familiarity will be an advantage)
- Agri background an advantage
A competitive package is available for the suitable candidate.